Recommended by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, budget-friendly BirdMark bird diverters are comparable to our highly effective FireFly® bird diverters in preventing bird strikes on power lines.
Installed and proven worldwide, BirdMark incorporates motion, reflectivity, and glowing light, and also has a lower installed cost than coils.
BirdMark saves birds, prevents damage, and avoids fines:
- Millions of birds and bats are killed each year in collisions with power lines, guy wires, and other thin profile obstructions.
- Utilities can be subject to large federal fines when protected species are killed.
- Bird strikes also cause power outages.
- Bird nests and droppings cause millions of dollars in damage each year to transformers and other electrical equipment.
Incorporating motion, reflectivity, and glowing light, BirdMark bird diverters are a highly effective and proven solution for protecting birds in flight from such collisions. BirdMark is recommended by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
BirdMark is also our most affordable bird diverter and a cost effective choice, with a lower installed cost than coils. Furthermore, coils can entangle birds and are less effective at diverting birds, especially in low light at dawn and dusk.
BirdMark Makes Hazards Visible to Birds
Developed and fully tested by avian biologists.
- Flutters and sways with air movement, increasing visibility for migrating birds and bats. Circular pattern of holes works well in a wide range of winds. 5-3⁄8″ diameter white disk. 11-1/2″ total length.
- Diamond bar material refracts sunlight and provides a “sparkle effect” visible to birds up to a quarter mile away.
- Luminescent material emits visible light for up to 12 hours after dusk, and in low light or fog conditions, when birds are most vulnerable.
Fast and Simple Installation
- BirdMark installs in seconds on live lines up to 115 kV by hand, hot stick, or helicopter. Also safe to use on OPGW lines.
- BirdMark is easy to remove and install as bird activity changes with the season.
- Recommended spacing is 15 feet between BirdMark diverters.
- Patented and rugged SnapFast mounting clamp prevents line slippage on single or bundled cables. Choose from two sizes:
10–70 mm (0.39″–2.75″) P/N #BM-AG-SF10-704–16 mm (0.16″–0.63″) P/N #BM-AG-SF4-16
Starts at: $35.00