These lights put LED technology in a traditional L-810 package, meeting or exceeding FAA & ICAO standards. Multiple voltages are available, as is Class I, Div 2. Blue, green, amber, or white LEDs are also available. These rugged fixtures are weather and corrosion resistant. L-810 obstruction lights come with a 5-year warranty.
The FAA advises that steady red obstruction lights be used on towers and communication obstructions from 50–2,200 ft. in height, which can pose a danger to small planes and helicopters at night. Steady red obstruction lights are advised up to 150 ft. in height, medium intensity flashing red or white lights up to 350 ft. high, and several levels of lights up to 1750 ft. See the FAA Advisory.
The L-810 Series is the traditional FAA type red obstruction light, but with long-life LED technology instead of incandescent lamps that need frequent replacement at significant cost and risk. Designed for steady burning, this fixture is used to mark any obstacle that may be hazardous to aircraft navigation. L-810 lights come with a 5-year warranty, but the typical operating lifetime approaches 15 years.
Please note: P&R Tech recommends using the smaller and lower cost RTO Single and Dual obstruction lights in place of traditional L-810 fixtures.
Features & Benefits
- Available as a single or dual unit obstruction light
- Available in 12VDC, 24VDC, 48VDC, 120VAC, and 220VAC versions (50 or 60HZ)
- Earth grounding provisions provided
- Unique optically designed lens to enhance LED operation and provide 360 degree visibility
- State-of-the-art high-flux LED technology
- Lasts years longer than an incandescent
- Weather/corrosion resistant lamp assembly and housin
- Cast aluminum housing with stainless steel hardware
- Self-contained wiring compartment eliminates additional boxes
- Threaded 1" and 3/4" bottom hub for mounting
- Can be operated steady or flashed (controller not supplied)
- 5-year warranty
- Resistant to shock and vibration
- IP 65 / IP 66 / NEMA 4X rated
- Patented design
Certifications & Compliance
FAA AC NO: 150/5345-43F
Canadian Aviation Regulation CAR 621.19
ICAO (Annex 14 – Fourth Edition, July 2004)
|Operating Voltage||Watts (W)|
|220VAC Units (60Hz)||.17||72||198||220||264||11||14.5||17.5||120mA|
|220VAC Units (50Hz)||–||–||198||220||264||12||14||17||–|
|12VDC Units (Standard)||–||–||10||12||14||20||24.5||29||2.0A|
|12VDC Units (Low Wattage)||–||–||10||12||14||7||7.5||8.8||.62A|
-67F to 131F (-55C to 55C)
Shipping Weight & Container Dimensions
Single Unit 7.14 lbs 16" x 9" x 8"
Dual Unit 16.06 lbs 22" x 17" x 9"
Starts at: $234.00