Highly visible FireFly MET Bird Diverters incorporate reflectivity and glowing light to help birds and bats avoid collisions with guy lines used for met and radio towers over over 100 feet high. FireFly MET is based on the same patented technology developed by avian biologists for FireFly bird diverters used worldwide and recommended by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
FireFly MET Features
- Uses a stainless steel wire rope clip, which is made for smooth or spiral wrap guy wires in these diameters: 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″, and 1/2″.
- Attaches with self-locking stainless steel nylock nuts.
- “Diamond bar” fluorescent yellow and orange reflective material is rated by the manufacturer for 10 years.
- Phosphorescent material glows for 10–12 hours after sunset, making FireFly MET visible to nocturnally migrating birds and bats.
- Heavy duty, ultraviolet inhibited acrylic plastic diverter. Dimensions: 3.5″ x 6.25″ rectangular cut with rounded corners.
- Clear coat finish available for increased life span of diverter in arctic or coastal conditions.
- Installs easily with portable drill and snap on socket to fit nylock nut. Install at 17 meter (50 feet) spacing.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for parts and labor.
2017 Case Study: FireFly in Action