With white flashing LEDs for visibility in daylight and red flashing LEDs for visibility at night, this 24/7 beacon satisfies the FAA advisory for most towers and similar obstructions. The beacon needs little or no maintenance, which along with less weight and low voltage power supply, enhances safety for work crews. Comes with a 5-year warranty.
The FAA advises that steady red obstruction lights be used on towers and communication obstructions from 50–2,200 ft. in height, which can pose a danger to small planes and helicopters at night. Steady red obstruction lights are advised up to 150 ft. in height, medium intensity flashing red or white lights up to 350 ft. high, and several levels of lights up to 1750 ft. See the FAA Advisory.
The L-864/L-865 medium intensity dual LED beacon obstruction light is designed for the lighting of communication towers, smoke stacks, wind generators, and other obstructions to aerial navigation. The steady red LED beacon and flashing white LED beacon satisfies the FAA advisory and FCC guidelines.
Unlike conventional Xenon flashtube technology, little or no maintenance is required during its lifetime. With working voltages of less than 200VDC, which are significantly less than those of Xenon flashtube designs, this system represents an advance in safety.
The L-864/L-865 LED dual beacon obstruction lights operate from a 48VDC supply. The power supply/control box can be located up to 550 ft away from the light engine, such as at the base of the tower.
The L-864/L-865 beacon obstruction lights come with a 5-year warranty, and the typical operating lifetime approaches 15 years.
Features & Benefits
- Industry’s longest warranty. Complete performance 5-year warranty (Xenon technology only 2 years).
- All LED flash head. 10+ years life expectancy. Resistant to shock and vibration. Reduces expensive tower climbs and maintenance costs/ unplanned site visits.
- No dangerous high voltage power supply. Enables the use of low voltage flexible cable. Eliminates the need to send high voltage up a tower. Provides considerable safety advantages. Uses standard low voltage supply. Eliminates corrosion due to ozone effects.
- Excellent protection against lightning and surges. Designed to withstand IEC61000-4-5, 6kV/3000A, 1.2/50s, 8/20s, 2 ohm output impedance, combination wave, line-line, and line-ground.
- Smallest & lightest flash head in the industry. Only 7.28” high, with significantly less wind loading than Xenon dual strobes. Weighs only 26 pounds, making it easy to handle and install.
- Very precise optics (patented). Community friendly lighting system with minimum ground scatter light.
- Uses state-of-the-art high flux LED technology. Replaces fragile, high maintenance Xenon tubes.
- Eliminates RF blasts. LED’s do not produce the radio frequency interference that can interfere with cell networks as Xenon technology does.
- IP66. Completely sealed from outside environment.
- US Patent # 7,281,821. Other Patents Pending.
Certifications & Compliance
FAA AC NO: 150/5345-43FAA
Engineering Brief No. 67
Qualified By: Intertek ETL
ICAO Annex 14, 4th Edition, July 2004
ICAO Aerodromes Design Manual, Chapter 18
Canadian Aviation Regulation CAR 621.19
Flashhead Weight: 26 lbs
Operating Voltage: Universal 100/240 VAC 50/60H power factor corrected supply
Candela: White Day 20,000 cd; White Night 2,000 cd; Red Night 2,000 cd
Wattage: White Day 90W; White Night 35W; Red Night 25W
Power Factor: >0.9
Operating Temp: -40ºF to +131ºF (-40ºC to +55ºC)
Synchronization: Multiple unit sync from single controller. (Operates with other manufacturers of GPS sync devices.)
|D1RW-C13-008||Beacon||48 VDC FAA OEM|
|D1RW-C13-008-EU||Beacon (European Version)||100-240VAC,