The FireFly WM is essentially the same as the FireFly FF, but it comes with a metal “L” bracket for mounting on wood structures. This configuration is primarily used to haze birds away from such structures.
FireFly WM Features
Birds can be a serious nuisance and sometimes a hazard around wood utility poles, buildings, and other wooden structures. Their droppings create a mess and can lead to equipment damage and outages. Woodpeckers and flickers can also damage the wood itself.
The Firefly WM bird diverter / bird flapper, employs the same bird deterring technologies as our FireFly FF, but hangs from a metal "L" bracket rather than a power line. It is easy to install using the included wood screws. Alternatively, straps may be used for installation on poles.
- Fully tested and developed by an avian biologist to be the most effective diverter.
- Rotates in wind, increasing visibility for migrating birds and bats. Uses stainless steel ball bearing swivel resistant to salt spray and adverse weather conditions.
- Features unique Moon/ShineTM system, which pairs glow-in-the-dark (10–12 hours) material with highly reflective daylight material.
- Emits special UV light that only birds can see in low light/fog conditions.
- Utilizes a 3-in-1 combination of fluorescent colors designed specifically for avian vision.
- Impact resistant and UV-stablized acrylic "flapper" is 3.5" x 6", 1/8" thick, and rated for temperatures from –30 F to 160 F.